Paying taxes is required for both citizens and...

Image via Wikipedia

If you haven’t gotten your W-2 by now, here are some basic steps for you (you might want to print out or save this link, by the way):

1) Contact your payroll department/boss. Be nice about it — after all, they’re just as burdened by the paperwork junk as you are!

2) If, however, the days roll by and the form is indeed lost or your employer is inordinately slow in issuing a replacement, or you worked for a company that went out of business and there’s no one to bug about getting a W-2 … what then?

“Make” your own!
Well, actually, you contact the IRS at this number: (800) 829-1040 with the following info from your last paystub handy:

Wait on hold, and ask for Form 4852. Basically, this will inform your employer “officially” that they’re delinquent, and you can even use this form in a pinch, if your employer never gets their act together.

If you need further help, please feel free to email us at or call us at 847-243-3600.

Enhanced by Zemanta